Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mystic

Last thursday, my family and I went on a camping trip up in Caseville, MI. We got the spot right next to the path to the beach. We got to watch the sunset every night, it was beautiful. We watched some storms in the distance too which looked pretty amazing. It was cold most of the days there, but saturday and sunday were perfect weather. We got to swim finally too! The water was actually pretty warm even though it had been cold out for so long.

Before we left to go camping, my toenails and fingers were lookin pretty hideous. On my fingers I had my summer inspired mani for the contest running on our facebook page which you can find out more details on by clicking the link here. It was only done on one hand and was starting to chip pretty bad. The other hand was two totally different colors that I tested out to see if I liked them. lol On my toes I had a color over top of another mani and the color looked terrible on my toes. Made them look nasty! So I told myself, you need to take stuff with you.



I took a few colors with me, and since I was going camping, I didn't want to get too fancy about it. I brought top/base coat and the couple polishes and lotion. Thats it. So don't mind my fingers lookin rough! haha Anyways, one of the colors I brought with me was Mystic by Ruby Wing. I hadn't tried any of the Ruby Wing colors that I have yet, and being they're color changing polishes I figured it would be a great time to do it, while I was mostly outside camping!

                                                                     (Outside Pic)


It was pretty windy when I was doing it, I sat on the picnic table to do it because it was such a nice day. I don't know if it was because the wind or its just quick drying, but the polish was almost drying before I could put it on which made it seem a little tacky. I will have to try it again when I am indoors. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the way it looked in the bottle outside. It was changing against the glass of the bottle, but when I pulled out the brush it was the other color, it looked so neat.

                                                                       (Inside pic)
(I accidentally smudged my thumb nail right before I took this.)


Both colors were very pretty, after about 2 days they started to chip off, but not by much. Four days later, they're hanging on pretty good, minus the part that I started to pick off a little on one of my thumbs. lol Compared to how polishes normally hold up for me, thats pretty good!



I hope everyone has a great week and that everyone enjoyed this post! xoLeah

No comments:

Post a Comment


We read every comment and we love to hear what you think!