Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rainbows and gold!

Another early St. Patricks Day mani! I also wanted to show you guys some of the new polishes I got before I had gotten my package from my adopt a friend buddy this month. I will be doing a post with those polishes next week hopefully. I apologize in advance if this post is weird. We got a new tablet with keyboard, so I am doing this post as a test to see if I can do a blog post from my tablet! Thats also why the MyNailPolishIsPoppin.com tag is handwritten on the pics. I dont have a good photo editing program on my tablet yet so I just used the "note" feature to write it on. Lol

Anyways... Here is a list of all the polishes used in this mani and swatch pic. On the swatch pic I used the following: Starting with the thumb is Straight A's, Cosmetic Arts Ditch Day, Sally Hansen Satin Glam Go Gold, Sugar Shimmer Work of Tart, Sugar Shimmer Gummy Grape. Then once I put more on top I used the following start with thumb: Milani Sugar Burst, Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, Milani Sugar Cane. Then the purple heart is the purple I <3 Nail Art pen, and the blue pen for the blue heart.

For my St. Patricks Day mani I wanted to use all the new I <3 Nail Art pens that I had gotten, but I didn't realize until I started it that I didnt get an orange pen. Lol So my rainbow is orangeless. So I used red, yellow, green blue, and purple for the rainbow lines. The base is the Sally Hansen Satin Glam Go Gold color I used in the swatch pic above. Then for the pot of gold I used the black nail art pen and Gold Dust Woman by My-Stash Lacquer for the gold coins in the pot. Even though it looks kinda weird without orange, I still love it. I need to get that orange one though and do another rainbow now.

All these polishes are nice and I really like them. The Sugar Shimmers surprisingly take a few coats. The Go Gold Satin Glam is a VERY opaque polish, which I love. The Cosmetic Arts Straight A's polish took a bunch of coats as well to fully cover and still it wasn't as much as I would have liked, I was just in a hurry. I still love it, its such a pretty soft pink color. The pens I am till trying to get the hang of because I have a habit of pressing too hard or not waiting till my base coat is dry and then making it look lumpy. You can see it in my middle finger the most. 

I am not really sure why I love St. Patricks day, I don't have any traditions or anything and we usually dont really celebrate it in my family, but I love it. I think that maybe its because of the rainbows that people associate with it, cuz I LOVE rainbows. Or maybe its just that I have Irish in me. Lol My real dad who I have never met apparently is part Irish, but I am not sure how much. I would love to find him to find out. Do you love St. Patricks Day? Whats your favorite holiday?

Hope you guys ejoyed my post and have a great week! XoLeah

No comments:

Post a Comment


We read every comment and we love to hear what you think!