Monday, March 3, 2014

Purple Everywhere!

I dunno what is going on, but I have been really into purple polish lately! lol My favorite colors are red and pink, but lately I keep seeing all these gorgeous purples. So the other day hubby let me go shopping on Llarowe and I picked up 2 new purple polishes there, along with a few other colors which I'll be showing soon. I got a purple holo from my adopt a friend buddy this month. I also picked up Almost Famous by Lilypad Lacquer from a friend. I just can't get enough of purple lately! lol I was hoping that I could show you Almost Famous in this post too, but I didn't get it in the mail yet, so another time.

Today I am going to show you Tinsicle by Lacquerlicious, Cap'n Cook by Cadillacquer, and Plum GEE-nius by Ellagee. These are all new brands for me. I do have some Ellagee polishes, but they're in mini's and I think I have only tried them, never really worn them. I got them as a adopt a friend gift.

I was shopping on Llarowe and I told the hubby I would only spend $50 and I was a few dollars short after getting the ones I wanted, but any orders $50 or more get free shipping. So I visited the sale section. There were a few and in the swatch pics I looked at for them, I wasn't too fond of them, but I thought "I will just grab a few of one of them and I can use them for buddies or giveaways or something." Tinsicle by Laquerlicious was $3 and it was the best of the ones on there so I thought sure, why not. When it arrived I LOVED it in the bottle, but being a chunky glitter polish I thought I was going to have to dig. The base in this is AMAZING! It grabs the glitter so well and 1 coat covered my nail perfectly! I was TOTALLY impressed and decided I was going to keep one for myself! Probably one of my new favorite glitters!! You can purchase Laquerlicious polishes HERE. It is no longer available on Llarowe.


Here is 1 coat of Plum GEE-nius and 2 coats of Tinsicle.





Since I was using Tinsicle as an accent nail, I wanted to do another one of my new purples with it. I think it would have looked better with Cap'n Cook, but I tried Plum GEE-nius by Ellagee instead for more sparkle. Beautiful color, I wish I could have gotten better sun pics, but there hasn't been much sun here. Its a linear holo dark purple. Nice formula too! I got this one from my adopt a friend buddy for January. I love that Ellagee polishes come with that cute lil ring, so sweet. This is a a custom polish I am told, so I don't believe it is available for just anyone to purchase. You can purchase other Ellagee polishes HERE.

Next is Cap'n Cook by Cadillacquer. I kept seeing this in my feed from different bloggers sharing it and I fell more in love every time I seen it! Looks so much better in light/sunlight, but its still a pretty polish! I love the brush on this polish! Easy to grip, plus it was a wide brush. I cant stand skinny brushes. It was a real nice formula too! The fact that this was in a Breaking Bad collection got me super excited too because I LOVED Breaking Bad! All the colors from that collection are gorgeous too! You can purchase Cadillacquer polishes HERE. You can also get them on Llarowe.

This is 2 coats of Cap'n Cook.




Please excuse my skin and cuticles in these last two pics. This was the next day while I was out driving and I hadn't lotioned my hands or put on cuticle oil yet. The sun was shining and I wanted to try to get some nice sun pics. It was kinda hard in the car though.




Hope you all have a great week and enjoyed my post! xoLeah






No comments:

Post a Comment


We read every comment and we love to hear what you think!