Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Kings and Queens

YAY! We're back finally! Ok, well first I want to say sorry for taking so long to do my post. I know I kept saying I was going to do it and didn't. I have been working a lot lately. I am so happy to be working again, and as weird as this sounds, I like that I do dishes at work at my nail polish comes off because it gives me a reason to paint them again! haha It does hold up surprisingly well, so it gives me enough time to enjoy the mani, but short enough to please my addiction to paint them all the time! haha

The reason I haven't been posting is I needed a little break. I was on the brink of a mental breakdown with a lot of different things going on in my life and it was too much for me. I didn't have any motivation to do my nails either. Since getting a new job and being able to get out of the house a little more that has eliminated a huge part of the problem I was having and I am feeling a lot better! Thank you guys for sticking around and being so understanding!

ANYWAYS.... Well for any of you who follow our facebook page, you will know that I had some acrylic nails put on awhile back. Well when I started my job, they told me I couldn't have them. I had them on for two weeks when I started my job. I waited till the last minute and tried to soak them off, that was a bad idea. It was the first time I ever tried to soak off nails, and I had to google how to do it. lol The way I did it didn't even work. It was taking FOREVER. Since I waited last minute, I ended up giving up and just filing them down. They were already cut from when I was soaking them. Well since they were all grown out and looking terrible I decided to paint them to try to cover their ugliness.

I used one of the polishes I got awhile ago in my Reddit exchange. I used I <3 Nail Polish's Kings & Queens. This color is SO SPARKLY and GORGEOUS! Omg! I am in love! They make the best holos and I need all of them now! lol I tried to do an accent nail to make it ever sparklier, but in the pics you can barely see it. I used Bombshell by Polish Me Silly. It looked really awesome in person! Pardon the messy nails!




Since then I have taken my acrylics off the rest of the way, but I peeled them off. After doing a ton of dishes, they started to fall off. My nails are super thin, but I have been using Duri Rejuvacote in hopes that it will help them! I had a bad experience with those acrylics, they were uneven and the lady hurt me a bunch of times while doing them. Then she gave me a pedicure and I got blisters on the top of my foot. I think that was a reaction to something cuz I had just shaved, but still. The whole experience was shitty. So I plan on not ever getting acrylics again. I have said this before, but after that last experience, it has really made me not want them ever again. Please make sure you check out your salon before you let them touch your hands or feet! Make sure they meet all requirements by law!

Just part of the issues I had with my nails. So uneven!


Hope you guys are having a great week! xoLeah

No comments:

Post a Comment


We read every comment and we love to hear what you think!